Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Giving the Exterior a Little Color

I wanted to paint the front door and garage doors of our home a while ago but couldn't decide on a color.  I would normally go to red (because I always go to red) but the tan brick and cream / light yellow siding colors don't go with red.  So I ended up choosing a grey-ish blue.  I think it works well with the existing colors on the house; it brings out some of the darker tones in the bricks.

This is a pretty simple project, but made a big impact.

I also really want to get shutters up on the top level windows to tie it all together, but for now, the doors have all been painted.

Before:



I painted the door in one afternoon, and we painted the garage doors on a Saturday morning.  We put a coat of grey tinted primer on and then 2 coats of the paint.  Painting the garage doors surprisingly didn't take very long since we used a paint gun.  The front door actually took longer because I rolled it on with a small paint roller and used a brush in the small places.

Here's the after:



 






... And as a bonus, you can see from the before and after pictures, our road in front of our house we fixed!  It wasn't fun during the construction but it is soo nice now!

Can't wait to get some blue shutters put up!


No comments:

Post a Comment